Wednesday 27 August 2008

Two weeks in the Sunshine State

So 14 days in Florida was a great idea -it was just the getting over there and back that I could have done without! Flying alone with a toddler determined to define "the Terrible Twos" all in one flight and a child so sick off the bad airline food that they nearly ran out of puke bags was enough to kill me. And then there was the long delay that extended our total travel for the day to 22 hours. After that, who could argue with a week at our friend's gorgeous Merritt Island home (complete with a pool)? Thank you Mike & Anne!

We couldn't get enough of the pool or the beach! Thank God for sunscreen ~I think the girls and I bathed in it. We were quite the fashion statement with our sun hats and nearly returned to England as pasty and white as when we left ... but at least nobody got sunburned!

The sad thing, is that I had so much fun visiting my girlfriends and watching our kids play together that I never picked up my camera once! (boo...) We finished our Florida time in Jacksonville with cousins Avery & Eli ~we suffered while relaxing at the beach. Thanks to Melissa's recommendation of "Skinny Bitch"-by Freedman and Barnouin, we've made a few adjustments to the way we eat. Boy, did I get a good dose of sassy mom-guilt from that book!.

(The End of my first Blog)
-xoxo-



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love and miss you guys so much! Sandy and Molly are beautiful like you! - Love Melanie